Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions that could help you understand more about your HVAC.
- What is HVAC? HVAC is the abbreviation for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. HVAC is most often used to describe the whole heating and cooling system that consist of the duct work, air filters, humidification controls, and registers.
- When substituting the outdoor system, the inside unit should also be replaced? Is recommended most of the time to be replaced. Reasons for replace are to matched the system design, to have new advances design and to obtain higher cooling and heating efficiency. Also to have a new warranty on all the system at the same time specially if the equipment is 10 years or more.
- What type of filter should I use? And how often should I replace it? RushCo recommends to replace when you have disposable filters at least once a month. When the filter is replaced on the recommend time will help you to obtain the optimum efficiency and filtration. Washable filters should be cleaned once a month.
- Do I should check anything prior to calling for service? Before calling for service, check few things on your HVAC. First be sure that the air conditioner or furnace is turned on. Then, check that the breakers and also the disconnects are turned on and be sure the thermostat is set correctly. Finally make a note of any strange noises or smells.
- Where can I get parts for my equipment? RushCo besides service could also supply the correct parts needed for your HVAC equipment.
- How can I increase the efficiency and life of my home’s heating and cooling systems? Few quick tips to increase efficiency are: Clean and replace your filters frequently, leave the blower in “on” position to heat and cool more evenly. The blower provides constant air movement throughout the home, and allows for better filtration. Last install shades, drapes, shutters or screens on windows that are exposed to extreme sunlight to keep room temperatures at moderate levels.
- What does my warranty cover? Under the standard factory warranty, covers parts that fail during the warranty period due to defect in the part. The warranty does not cover labor. A warranty certificate is included with your homeowner information packet. In the packet is also detail specific to the model numbers, serial numbers and installation dates of your products.
- Which HVAC equipment will best fit my home? There are many factors that affect the sizing and specifications of your system. Some of those factors are: square footage, insulation, window surface and configuration. Also geographic location of your home, duct sizing and arrangement, and many others. RushCo can perform on site visit to determine which equipment combinations will perfectly suit your home and your family’s needs. Depending upon the construction of your home, one (1) ton of air conditioning can cool anywhere from 300 to 800 square feet of home.
Don’t hesitate to Contact Us for more information about your HVAC.